Tuesday, November 29, 2011

How to Install a Network Printer in Windows 7?


!±8± How to Install a Network Printer in Windows 7?

How can I install a Network printer in Windows 7? A few days ago, I installed a Windows 7 7246 x86 operating system for my PC. After that I tried to add a network printer which had already connected to another Windows XP machine. I tried it several times but all my efforts failed and my Windows 7 PC could not share this HP Laser Jet 5100 Le printer with the Windows XP PC.

I was unable to open the setup program I installed from the driver setup disk because the system prompted that it had an unknown error. Since I could not install this driver, I copied its INF files from the disk and then began to add a network printer. Though my PC could automatically find out this device and install the driver, it was still unable to perform the connection. Then I downloaded and installed its official Windows Vista driver form the website, but the error went on. I tried some of the HP printer's universal drivers, but they still didn't work. Finally, I found the solution.

Here is my solution:

Step 1 Go to Start - Devices and Printers.

Step 2 Select Add a printer and then add a local printer.

Step 3 Select the item called Choose a printer port - Create a new port - local port.

Step 4 Behind Enter a port name input the IP address and the name of your network printer, for example, 192.168.1.10HplaserJ.2 or mypcprinter. Then click Next.

Step 5 You can select either Windows update or Hard disk to install printer driver. If you choose Windows update, Windows will install a driver for you automatically; if you choose Hard disk, insert the setup disk and follow its wizard to finish the installation.

Additionally, if you think it is a bother to find out the compatible driver in the above methods, you also can try some driver tools. The latest version of PC Driver Helper also can support Windows 7, and with the largest driver database in the industry it can automatically install the best printer driver for your Windows 7 machine.


How to Install a Network Printer in Windows 7?

Where To Buy Dremel Grout Tool Best Buy Lg 60pk950




0 comments:

Post a Comment


Twitter Facebook Flickr RSS



Français Deutsch Italiano Português
Español 日本語 한국의 中国简体。







Sponsor Links